When you have a child in your house, you must be prepared to answer those sudden hunger pangs. Here is an easy to do recipe for baking delicious Banana & Raisin Muffin for your kids.
1. Wholewheat flour – 1 cup
2. All-purpose flour – 1 cup
3. 2 very ripe small bananas or 1 large banana – grated or mashed
4. Raisins chopped – 1 tbsp
5. Egg – 1
6. Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
7. Salt – 1/2 Tsp
8. Baking powder -1 Tsp
9. Butter/Vegetable Oil – 100 gms
10. Pineapple Essence – 1 tsp (you can use vanilla or some other fruit essence too)
11. Milk – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
- Grease the muffin tray or molds and keep aside ready for baking.
- Sieve together flour, salt, and baking powder twice to ensure all dry ingredients mix well and there are no lumps. Keep it aside.
- Melt butter and bring it to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with sugar using a hand whisk.
- Add pineapple essence and milk and mix well.
- Add melted butter/oil to egg mixture and keep beating to mix well.
- Add mashed bananas to the mixture.
- Add raisins to mixture and mix lightly.
- Make a well in between the mixture of dry ingredients (flour mixture) and pour the egg-sugar mixture and mix quickly using a wooden spoon.
- Do not worry about eating too much.
- Immediately pour into muffin molds, sprinkle some raisins and transfer to oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Check using a toothpick and cool on a rack.