Your toddler breaks rules!
Itâ€™s not that he is testing you or is impulsive. Itâ€™s simply because their memory isnâ€™t fully developed and they often tend to forget random things.
How to deal with it?
The more your child is exposed to something, the more solid his memories will become.
- Establish routines – Repetition doesn’t just apply to learning, but also to doing the same activity.
- Play memory games – Make up category games. This helps in recalling information.
- Walk down the memory lane – Recollect things that resonated your child strongly, any event or recreational activity they cherished. They will learn how to retell/replay stories
- Shut the eyes – Brain converts short term memory into long term memory when the person is asleep. It retains important stuff and empties the rest.
- Visual connection – Encourage imagination. Make the learning colorful. Color is something that gets through the low brain filter very well.