When you have a child in your house, you must
be prepared to answer those sudden hunger pangs. Here is an easy to do recipe
for baking delicious Banana & Raisin Muffin for your kids.
1. Wholewheat flour – 1
2. All purpose flour – 1 cup
3. 2 very ripe small bananas or 1 large banana – grated or mashed
4. Raisins chopped – 1 tbsp
5. Egg – 1
6. Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
7. Salt – 1/2 tsp
8. Baking powder -1 tsp
9. Butter/Vegetable Oil – 100 gms
10. Pineapple Essence – 1 tsp (you can use vanilla or some other fruit essence
11. Milk – 1 cup
• Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
• Grease the muffin tray or moulds and keep aside ready for baking.
• Sieve together flour, salt and baking powder twice to ensure all dry
ingredients mix well and there are no lumps. Keep it aside.
• Melt butter and bring it to room temperature.
• In a separate bowl, beat the egg with sugar using a hand whisk.
• Add pineapple essence and milk and mix well.
• Add melted butter/oil to egg mixture and keep beating to mix well.
• Add mashed bananas to the mixture.
• Add raisins to mixture and mix lightly.
• Make a well in between the mixture of dry ingredients (flour mixture) and
pour egg-sugar mixture and mix quickly using a wooden spoon.
• Do not worry about beating too much.
• Immediately pour into muffin moulds, sprinkle some raisins and transfer to
• Bake for 20-25 minutes.
• Check using a tooth pick and cool on a rack.