1. Sturdy Cardboard Boxes like the ones you get when
you shop online
2. Thinner Cardboard like empty cereal boxes
3. Fabric Scraps
4. Toilet Paper Rolls
5. Leftover scraps of colored paper, gift wrap etc
6. Old Magazines
7. Assorted junk like soap & toothpaste boxes, bottle
8. Usual craft supplies like scissors, glue, thread &
needle, pipe cleaners, play doh, sticky/double sided tape and lots of glue!
Windows, Floors and Roof
1. Decide on
how many floors you want and choose boxes accordingly. Mark doors and windows
and cut them out with a paper cutter.
2. For the top
floor, open up the box and lean the two long sides towards each other and cut
out the two short sides so they line up like this:
3. Level the
floors by placing a piece of cardboard in between the flaps and sticking cello
tape over it.
4. Cover the
outside of both the boxes with colored paper, and cut out the paper that covers
the windows and doors.
5. Cut little
rectangles out of colored paper. Stick them on the roof closely to resemble
roof tiles. Repeat on both sides.