Toddlers are infamous for tantrums and other behavior issues. To
encourage listening and cooperation, follow these parenting tips.
can be frustrating for toddlers. Though eager to show their independence,
toddlers can't always move as swiftly as they'd like or express their needs.
This combination can lead to tantrums and misbehavior. But you can teach your
toddler to behave well by providing love, attention, praise, encouragement and a degree
of routine. Consider these practical parenting tips.
1.Show your love
Positive attention tops the
list of parenting tips for toddlers. Make sure your displays of affection for
your child outnumber any consequences or punishments. Hugs, kisses and
good-natured roughhousing reassure your child of your love. Frequent praise and
attention also can motivate your toddler to follow the rules.
2.Accept your child
As your child grows, he or she
will display certain personality traits. Some of these are learned, others
genetic. Respect your child's developing individuality and don't expect him or
her to be just like you. While you're likely to notice certain features of your
child's temperament, avoid labeling them — which can encourage bad behavior.
Instead, nurture your child's personality by finding ways to help him or her
Rather than overloading your
child with rules from the outset — which might frustrate him or her —
prioritize those geared toward safety first and gradually add rules over time.
Help your toddler follow the rules by childproofing your home and eliminating
as many temptations as possible.
When you have a child in your house, you must
be prepared to answer those sudden hunger pangs. Here is an easy to do recipe
for baking delicious Banana & Raisin Muffin for your kids.
1. Wholewheat flour – 1
2. All purpose flour – 1 cup
3. 2 very ripe small bananas or 1 large banana – grated or mashed
4. Raisins chopped – 1 tbsp
5. Egg – 1
6. Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
7. Salt – 1/2 tsp
8. Baking powder -1 tsp
9. Butter/Vegetable Oil – 100 gms
10. Pineapple Essence – 1 tsp (you can use vanilla or some other fruit essence
11. Milk – 1 cup
• Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
• Grease the muffin tray or moulds and keep aside ready for baking.
• Sieve together flour, salt and baking powder twice to ensure all dry
ingredients mix well and there are no lumps. Keep it aside.
• Melt butter and bring it to room temperature.
• In a separate bowl, beat the egg with sugar using a hand whisk.
• Add pineapple essence and milk and mix well.
• Add melted butter/oil to egg mixture and keep beating to mix well.
• Add mashed bananas to the mixture.
• Add raisins to mixture and mix lightly.
• Make a well in between the mixture of dry ingredients (flour mixture) and
pour egg-sugar mixture and mix quickly using a wooden spoon.
• Do not worry about beating too much.
• Immediately pour into muffin moulds, sprinkle some raisins and transfer to
• Bake for 20-25 minutes.
• Check using a tooth pick and cool on a rack.