PP1 & PP2Age group: 3.5 to 5.5 year olds
At this age, children are just about getting ready for school. The Pre-Primary Program at Oi is designed to get them ready for school by teaching them letters words, math concepts, and valuable social skills. With special focus on math and science tasks, which are vital school readiness skills, children are introduced to patterns, classification and identification of shapes. Teachers engage kids with pre school activities and provide many hands on opportunities for children to explore colours, animals, plants, etc. In our centres, children also develop literary skills at an early age primary education. They are engaged in meaningful reading and writing experiences, and they are encouraged to become readers and writers through a unique combination of child-initiated learning and teacher-guided instruction. Small group instructions, independent play in an organized atmosphere, and big group pre primary activities help children gain the right skills to hop, skip, and jump right into school.
What your child will learn at Oi?
Activities for preschoolers help with physical development.
Your child will learn age appropriate social, emotional, physical, and intellectual skills.
- Cooperating, negotiating, and problem-solving with their friends
- Recognising emotions in others
- Making personal choices
- Sharing ideas, thoughts and feelings
- Muscle development through obstacle courses, riding bikes, and throwing balls
- Dressing independently
- Spatial awareness
- Asking and answering open-ended questions
- Understanding sequence of events
- Grasping spatial relationships and the concept of time