Newsletter from the desk of Oi
Issue #01, January 2016
Welcome to the first edition of our Newsletter. With Oi Moments, we will bring you all the wonderful moments across our Oi centres. Looks like 2016’s off to be a great start! Here are the things we thought were worth sharing this month.
Education World Pre-school Awards Function 2016 was staged on 23rd January in Bangalore. 8 Oi playschool Centres won this year’s Education World Top 20 City-wise Pre-school Rankings in Hyderabad & Bangalore regions. 4 Oi Centres have featured in the Top 10 list for Hyderabad & Bangalore of which 2 Oi Centres have featured in the Top 3 list for their respective cities. Education World Rankings is one of the most preferred and prestigious Ranking system in the Pre-school Industry.
This ranking is done on ten parameters of excellence including teaching competence, teacher welfare and development, safety and hygiene, leadership, innovative teaching, value for money, parental involvement, individual attention to students, special needs education and infrastructure. The scores awarded to preschools under each parameter were totaled to rank preschools in each city. We are delighted to be ranked top in all the parameters and we look forward to maintain the same standards. Here are the pictures from the Awards Ceremony...
Keeping you posted :
Oi family is growing
Three new Oi Playschool Centers were launched in January’16 at Bangalore in Hegde Nagar, BTM Layout and Kadugodi regions.These centres have a built up area of over 2000 square feet with the state of art infrastructure and big play area.
Keeping the next ready
To give Oi children a further advantage, we are now tied-up with several K-12 schools. Oi students will now get Priority preference and admission access into these school. You can get in touch with your centre in-charge for more information.
http://www.oiplayschool.com/Associated_K-12_Schools.html - Click to see the list of associated k12 schools
Mobile App -Coming Soon
As part of a plan to advance school-to-home communications, we are working on the mobile app feature. The App will keep parents connected and informed with happenings and updates at the school. This mobile app will soon be available on both iOS and android versions.
Bringing you monthly tips and best practices from Expert Educators
We introduced the PRE-SCHOOL EDUCATION EXPERT TALK SERIES 2016, for you to gain new knowledge and information from the Experts in the area of Early Childhood Education. Watch our Pre-school Expert Adilakshmi Chintalapati addressing the important topic of “when to introduce writing in children?” Click here to view the video - http://bit.ly/1WaaEiX
If you have a question for our experts: Email us at email@example.com
Keeping the teachers updated
Quarterly Teacher training was conducted successfully in Hyderabad & Bangalore recently. All teachers have undergone training on preparing the child and parents for the coming up transition to new schools for future studies. Child psychologists were brought in, who briefed teachers on ways to handle Behavioral issues in kids. All queries put forth by the teachers were addressed.
Trainers: Head of Elementary - Ms.C.Adilakshmi, Parent Counselling Expert - Ms.Sumita Bhattacharya, Head of Academics - Ms.Radhika Rao, Content Coordinator - Ms.Jyotimai and Child Psychologist - Ms.Nausheen.
Activities Unplugged :
A glimpse of what our kids explored in the month gone by
1) Farm Party Celebrations
As part of the curriculum theme, farm party was organized for kids to explore, observe and learn the concept of farm animals. Animals that were seen in the Barnyard were horse, rabbit, cow, chickens, ducks etc. When children visit a farm and with barns and cattle sheds, they would get to observe, touch and hear the sound of animals. They would understand how a cow is milked and how a crop is grown. These observations supplement to the child’s learning experiences.
2) Champions on Field
Oi Little Champs, the annual sports event was conducted across Oi Centres (Hyderabad & Bangalore). Kids unleased their field skills by performing drill, yoga and took part in exciting conceptual races. Kids looked adorable on ground and were seen energetic throughout. All kids went home with happy faces carrying their certificates and bright gold medals.
3) Santa Surprise
All Oi Centres celebrated Christmas as much more than just a day. It was a week-long celebration with carol singing and gifts sharing. The children spread cheer with their smiles and lovely attire. Oi teachers got together to give a Santa surprise to kids. Dressed as Santa, they visited the kids and distributed gifts. The children were overjoyed to see their teachers. Oi follows this endearing practice every year and that takes the relationship beyond the boundaries of the school.
4) Sankranti Celebrations
The vibrant festival of Sankranti was celebrated across Oi Centres. Miyapur and Nagarbhavi were seen celebrating Pongal in its true essence. The setup was remarkable and kids enjoyed thoroughly.
5) Infused with Patriotism
Republic Day was celebrated across all centres. All Oi kids were dressed in the Indian Patriotic colors and sang the National Anthem. Teachers explained the significance of the day to the children. Parents packed some tri-color snacks for the children which demonstrated the spirit of the patriotic celebrations.
6) Student Led Conference & Open House activity
Oi Playschool, JP Nagar, HSR Layout and Chanda Nagar invited parents of pp1 and pp2 for SLC & parents of toddlers and nursery for Open house activity. SLC is intended to allow the child to showcase their learning to their parents wherein Open house is where the teachers take the parents through the learning experience of their child at the school. It is important that parents get an understanding of their child’s classroom activities. The activities were engaging and Parents took away a positive experience of the teaching styles followed at Oi Playschool.
7) Spreading of Smiles
On the occasion of Christmas, Oi Playschool Jubilee Hills conducted the Joy of sharing event. Over 35 orphan kids were invited to the Centre and the Oi Parents came forward to set-up various food-stalls, while the Oi children showcased various performances to entertain them. The parents also brought Note Books, Stationary, Clothes, Bed sheets, Sweaters, Chocolates and several other useful items, which were collected and donated to the Orphanage.
8) Exploring Aeronautics
PP1 and PP2 kids of Oi Playschool HSR Layout went on a Field Trip to HAL Aerospace. Kids were fascinated to see large models of early planes. They had a wonderful experience exploring varieties of Indian Fighter planes and Helicopters.
9) Tots Trip to a Pet shop
Oi Playschool Banjara Hills and Nagarbhavi took their toddlers to a Pet Shop as part of the ongoing theme "Paws & Whiskers". They were shown different kinds of pets such as - Cats, Dogs, Birds, etc. Children learnt how they need to take care of a pet. Kids were enthusiastic to know and understand about pet accessories and their food.
10) Baby’s Day at the Zoo
Toddlers of Oi Playschool JP Nagar and AGS Layout had a visit to Bannerghatta Zoo. For some of them, it was a first time! Kids were seen enthralled at the sight of incredible animals. The fun element was at the Elephant’s enclosure where children recited the poem ‘’Haathi Raja Bahut Bade.’’ It was hard for any child to give up having a fun day at the zoo. All in all it was a roaring success!
11) Discovering transport like never before
Oi Playschool, Manikonda went for sightseeing to Sudha Cars Museum. The kids were filled with awe on seeing the unusual cars. Contrastingly, Oi Playschool, Nagarbhavi went to Benz Showroom to see the exotic cars. Just around the corner, Oi Playschool, Attapur set their navigation to the boating club. Kids were delighted to observe the sail. These trips surely aided in cementing the concept into the child's long-term memory.
12) Curiosity inspires a love for learning
First-hand experience can provide children with tangible information and a level of understanding that enriches their overall learning. Oi Playschool, Vivekananda Nagar kids were seen curious as their teacher explained about bird’s house (Nest) and how they construct their house. It was an interactive session with kids asking questions and sharing their learning.
13) Instilling Awareness
Oi Playschool, Sahakar Nagar conducted "Parenting Session of CSA (Child Sexual Abuse) Awareness recently. The workshop addressed concerns shared by parents & teachers about how to have conversations with children about personal safety in a non-offensive way. Parents were given tips to communicate effectively with the children about personal safety.
Elementary Knowledge :
This section is meant to share some quick tips to make your parenting easier.
Here are 9 sanity and time-saving tips for mums on the go:
- Travelling tip: Do away with messy packing. Sort your toddler clothes day wise and pack them in Ziploc bags. You can Ziploc all the stuff and label them accordingly so it makes easy for you to pick up things from your luggage.
- Play land at home: An inflatable pool makes a great playpen for kids. The pool can serve as a portable enclosure in which your child can play safely without having you monitor him. Just add some playballs and toys and it will keep your child busy with joy.
- Seize melts: Slip the ice cream stick through a cupcake liner/paper plate to prevent drips on the floor. The paper liner will catch the drips as the ice cream melts.
- Safety caution: Use a pool noodle to keep doors from closing when you have a little one on foot. That will jam the door and stop it from banging. This saves your child’s fingers from getting slammed in the door. If your baby is fond of locking doors on you, recue yourself by wedging a pool noodle into your door frame.
- Handy swab: Custom a lint roller to your child’s play area. A lint roller picks up craft glitter and all minute craft sprinkles very easily. So, worry less on the mess. After all if it’s not messy, it’s not fun.
- Slurp down the Medicine: How do you get your child take his medicine? We couldn’t find an easier way than this! Give some chocolate tidbits to the child. In no time the chocolate will melt and coat his tongue. So, now you can slip the medicine in and it won’t even taste bad.
- Child is a Nitpicker? Use sprinkles to make boring foods turn into appealing. Put sprinkles on everything. They’ll turn any healthy smoothie or veggie into a fun-filled meal. To get your children to eat their broccoli and other healthy food is to smother them in sprinkles.
- Keep Right: Glue a sticker that has been cut into half in each shoe. This will help your child know the correct foot for their shoes. If your child is already able to put on their shoes but still gets a little confused between right and left, this little sticker trick will help him spot which shoes goes on which foot.
- Post it: Hang a wall calendar to keep track of everything .Note reminders and to do things. Mark important dates. Say, PTA meetings to doctor’s visit or an event coming up at your child’s school.
- Be ready to go: Have all your fundamentals in pairs so that you can pack all the extra stuff in an emergency bag. So, you have a bag packed with essentials. Fill it with baby gear, snacks, napkins, coloring books, stationery etc.
Other suggested reads:
Why Pre-schoolers bite?
How to make a butterfly snack-pack?
Is your child getting bored at Home? Try these 7 child engaging activities!!
As the winter has come to an end, days are becoming longer and weather getting warmer. It’s time when we can go out of the door more often and watch the blooming trees. Here is small activity that you can do with your child to make the season of spring blissful. Let your child put a tick mark as you progress on the list. Click here to download the printable check-list
This newsletter is written with love for all the amazing parents who are part of Oi family.
Next Year – Already!
Open enrollment begins for non-Oi families. Applications for next academic year 2016-17 are available at the centers. To reserve your child’s place for next academic year, please fill in your application and deposit. Enrolling a sibling? Moving up to higher grade? Let us know if you would like to observe either classroom. To register for a free preview class, dial 9010189000.
Tell a friend
If you liked reading our newsletter and would like to share it with your friends and relatives, simply send us their email id on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will subscribe them to our newsletter.